Retail Store Team Lead (Full-Time)
October 21, 2020
SCOSHA is looking for a professional, driven, well-organized, full-time Store Team Lead to work its flagship jewelry store in Brooklyn, Williamsburg. The right candidate will be responsible for every aspect of day-to-day supervision of the retail store, including sales, staff, stock, merchandising and resource management. You'll need great management, organizational, and people skills to succeed in this role.
- Lead and motivate the store team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Achieve retail goals through retail sales team.
- Maintain daily sales, cash balance and weekly/monthly sales reports.
- Analyze sales figures to interpret trends and facilitate planning.
- Forecast volume of future sales to maximize profits.
- Manage the store’s stock levels – make key decisions about stock level and stock control.
- Maintain proper inventory controls.
- Play a key role in advertising sessions – Organize special events.
- Promote the company locally by communicating through local social media, journals and the community in general.
- Ensure quality, consistent, customer service.
- Initiate changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
- Organize professional training and development courses if needed.
- Research new products for sale in the store.
- Monitor the sales floor regularly, talk to staff and customers, and identify and resolve urgent issues.
- Deal with employment issues such as interviewing/hiring potential employees, as well as conduct appraisals and performance reviews.
- Respond to customer comments and complaints.
- Update officers on business performance, new initiatives and other issues.
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry.
- Recognize forthcoming customer initiatives and keep up with local competitors.
- 2+ years retail management experience. (Fine jewelry experience preferred.)
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Positive attitude and a dynamic team player.
- Shopify POS
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org