Jewelry Production Assistant
June 30, 2021
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: 1+ year (Preferred)
This is not a remote position. The ideal candidate must be based in NYC.
SCOSHA is a Brooklyn-based fine jewelry company founded in 2007 by Scosha Woolridge. Scosha has a personal style that looks to worldwide cultures for inspiration and techniques. Using precious stones, precious metals and fiber, Scosha thoughtfully merges these elements to create beautiful jewelry that can be worn every. The brand is sold all over the world, collaborated with Ralph Lauren and appeared in many fashion publications globally.
We are a small, fast-paced jewelry studio seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to assist with the daily operations of a small business and jewelry production. Tasks include working closely with partners in the jewelry district, and maintaining an extremely tight sales and production schedule. The Production Assistant also aids in quality control checks during production, as well as studio organization. The successful candidate will also assist the Creative Director with designing the collections and bespoke projects. Experience managing Excel and Google spreadsheets is required. Great communication skills, especially email, are required. This is a part-time position, 2-3 days per week.
The Jewelry Production Assistant reports into the Production Manager.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of jewelry making techniques
- Willingness to work on tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, focus and accuracy towards quality assurance for our clients
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organization skills
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of or previous experience with jewelry is a must
- Positive natured and willing to tackle repetitive tasks
- This position requires a high degree of trustworthiness
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
- CAD experience is a plus
- At least 1 year experience working in independent fashion/jewelry studio is required